Psiphon is compatible and is available to download on the Windows, Android and the iOS operating systems but hasn’t been yet developed for the Mac Operating System. That doesn’t mean that you won’t be able to use it on your Mac device, we are here to help you to do just that. Read on to know how to download and run Psiphon over Mac.
Psiphon is an open source anti-censorship software that uses jumbled up codes to protect you from letting you know about your internet activity to the prying eyes of your government or a potential hacker. It allows you to visit websites and browse on them without having to disclose about your position or locality.
Download Psiphon for Mac Easily
Here’s how you are going to install Psiphon on your Mac device first you need to download and install BlueStacks to run the mobile application on your Mac. After the installation of Bluestacks, use it to download Psiphon from the App Store.
Follow the given steps to download both BlueStacks and Psiphon on your MAC device.
Step-1. Download BlueStacks
- Find the download link for BlueStacks over the official website.
- Search and download the BlueStacks installer for Mac OS.
- Double-click on the downloaded DMG file after download completion.
- As the BlueStacks DMG file launches, double-click on the BlueStacks icon in the middle.
- Follow the on-screen and click on “Install”.
- If the System Extension Blocked appears, Click on the Open Security Preferences.
- Click “Allow” On the Security and Privacy window.
- Let the installation to finish.
- Launch the BlueStacks app.
- Follow the on-screen tutorial.
Step-2 Download Psiphon
- After BlueStacks launches, navigate to the App store via BlueStacks
- Enter your G-mail information.
- Search for the App and Download Psiphon APK app on the app store.
- Install the app.
- After the installation, you can now use the Psiphon app on your Mac OS.
- Enjoy restriction-less internet browsing!
Accessing restricted websites was not as easy as it is now. The Psiphon is available to download for free but it may bring advertisements with it while you are browsing. This may compromise your internet security a little bit. Also, the download speed is restricted to a lit over 2 Mbps over the free version.
The paid version cuts down on advertisement frequency and the speed limit. Though, only available for Android devices, it can still be used by sideloading the apps.